Archive for the ‘Update’ tag
Yesterday at the Build conference 2014 in San Francisco Microsoft has officially announced the new Windows Phone 8.1. version with loads of great new features for the end user. Windows Phone 8.x. is gaining more market share from day to day and with the new features for enterprises it’s even more interesting for businesses.
With the new version available soon you will get changes in:
- Mobile Devices Management
- Windows App Platform Convergence
- Enterprise Wipe
- Enhanced Asset Management and User Assistance
- Enterprise WiFi
- Assigned Access
- External Storage
To learn more about update please go TechNet.
VMware View 5.2 is now available for download! Here are the release notes:
What’s New in Horizon View 5.2
VMware Horizon View 5.2 delivers valuable enhancements to end user experience and ease of management, while further driving down the total cost of ownership for VDI.
What’s New with End User Experience
- Support for Windows 8 based desktops1
- Hardware Accelerated 3D Graphics1
- Improved video and VOIP communications with Microsoft Lync 2013 support4
- Streamlined access to View Desktops from Horizon2
- Easily connect to desktops from any device with HTML Access3
- Enhanced productivity from mobile devices with new ‘Unity Touch’ functionality3 and 4
What’s New with Ease of Management
- Large pool creation with elimination of 8 host limits, and multiple vLAN support
- View Administrator performance improvements with large numbers of desktops
- Accelerated provisioning and recompose operations.
- Tech Preview of a new Integrated Service Console in the vSphere Web Client1
- Support for vCenter Server Virtual Appliance based deployments
What’s New with Total Cost of Ownership
- Substantial storage capacity savings for persistent desktops with space-efficient (SE sparse) disk technology1
1 Requires use of vSphere 5.1 and subsequent patches
2 Requires use of VMware Horizon Suite
3 Requires use of additional VMware Horizon View 5.2 Feature Pack
4 Requires use of latest VMware Horizon View Clients
Last Friday VMware has published a new version of VMware View. The update 5.1.2 includes a few bug fixes and security updates but also brings internationalization to the View documentation and to the View Administrator. The admin interface is now available in Japanese, French, German, simplified Chinese and Korean.
There are resolved issues in the areas as follows:
- Install & Upgrade
- View Desktop Management
- View Client
- Smart Card
- View Persona Management
To get the details please follow this link to VMware’s release notes.
Before you begin with an update please check the VMware View 5.1 ReadMe First document.
Kudos today go to @PCoIP_Guru on Twitter, who spotted that Teradici just released a new firmware version and also a new version of the PCoIP Management Console.
Firmware 3.4.0 Release Generally Available
Feature highlights include:
· Support for “T=1″ PIV CAC Smartcards
· Support for smartcard bridging override (for post-session smartcard authentication)
· Enhanced Event Log and configuration options
o Ability to turn on/off the additional logging from the event logging web page
o Increased the number of messages stored in the event log
o Changed the default event log from terse to verbose (added rate limiting on the message writes to allow this change)
o Support for Syslog to allow PCoIP Zero Clients or PCoIP Host Cards to transmit event log messages to a remote location
· Enhanced message information for user visible On-Screen-Display (OSD) messages
· Additional component support (i.e. ACL886 Realtek audio codec) for 1:1 remote workstation sessions using PCoIP Host Cards and PCoIP Zero Clients.
· RDP module components including UI tabs have been removed.
Fix for DOT4-based printers
Fix for file copy error for camera based peripherals
Fixed audio codec issue (Realtek ALC886) when resuming from sleep mode in a workstation environment (Windows7 and Vista)
Fixed issue that prevented connection to VMware View Connection Server through certain network load balancers.
Audio quality and audio recording improvements
Fixed Ethernet PHY POST test problems
Fixed PCoIP Host Card reset under network loss scenario
Fixed OSD crash on 270 degree rotation
Support for multiple monitors with identical EDID information
PCoIP Management Console 1.5.20 Generally Available
· Updates to support Firmware 3.4.0
· Support for USB bridging override
· DHCP Static IP fall-back configuration
· Syslog configuration
· Support for auto-configuration capability for newly discovered PCoIP Zero Clients
· Automatic update of firmware and configuration settings for newly discovered Zero Clients
· Support for updating the on-screen display (OSD) connection screen logo for PCoIP Zero Clients and PCoIP Host Cards
· Profile application updates
· Support for applying a firmware file to a profile
· Option to specify operation when profile firmware is different from the device firmware etc
· Support for scheduling Profile application
· Option for Management Console to reboot PCoIP devices after profile application is complete
· Support for multiple Management Consoles in a single network
Visit the Teradici Tech Support website for the download.
Yesterday VMware published a new maintenance release for VMware View Manager. The new version 4.0.2 does resolve issues in different areas.
Yesterday VMware released a new version of VMware Workstation. The new maintenance release fixes some known issues and does support new operating systems. For a full description please check the VMware Workstation 7.0.1 release notes.
Today VMware announced View 4, the industry’s first purpose built solution for delivering desktops as a managed service. The new version provides a consistent high performance desktop experience to the end users and reduces the total cost of desktop ownership by 50%. Based on VMware vSphere 4 the new solution offers Simplified Desktop Management, Automated Desktop Provisioning a Superior End User Experience and more. This is the first version with the new built-in software version of Teradici’s PCoIP protocol which is developed to address the broadest range of use cases and deployment options and deliver a high-performance desktop experience, even over high latency and low bandwidth connections.
You can check out View 4 on the brand new website at: http://www.vmware.com/products/view/ We’ll provide you with more technical information in the next days.
VMware just released the Version 3.1.1, a new maintenance release of VMware View. You’ll find the details on the VMware View web site.