Archive for the ‘Phone’ tag
Great News from the Intune Team at Microsoft. They’ve published a new blog post today saying that an upgraded version with new capabilities is coming this week. To get a full overview of the news please visit the TechNet blog but here’s a Feature view in a nutshell.
- Enhanced user interface for Intune administration console
- Ability to restrict access to Exchange on-premises email based upon device enrollment
- Bulk enrollment of devices using a single service account
- Lockdown of Supervised iOS devices and devices using Samsung KNOX with Kiosk mode
- Targeting of policies and apps by device groups
- Ability to report on and allow or block a specific set of applications
- Enforcement of application install or uninstall
- Deployment of certificates, email, VPN and WiFi profiles
- Ability to push free store apps to iOS devices
- More convenient access to internal corporate resources using per-app VPN configurations for iOS devices
- Remote pin reset for Windows Phone 8.1 devices
- Multi-factor authentication at enrollment for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices
- Ability to restrict administrator access to a specific set of user and device groups
- Updated Company Portal apps to support customizable terms and conditions
Microsoft has published a very useful new tool for Windows Phone. With Office Lens you can trim and enhance pictures of whiteboards and documents taken with your mobile and save them to OneNote. Actually it is similar to a scanner but you have it in your pocket. Here’s an example of what the app does.
Image source: Microsoft
If you want to learn more about the app please follow the link or just search for the app on your Windows Phone.
Link: Windows Phone Website
Today Cisco has announced that the Cisco Jabber application, a all in one unified communication solution will be supported in VMware View desktop environments. Check this link for the announcement.
SAN JOSE, Calif., January 17, 2013 – As part of Cisco’s ongoing efforts to enable anytime, anywhere collaboration, Cisco today announced new software that extends the Cisco Jabber™ unified communications application to virtualized workspace environments. As part of a long-term software strategy for collaboration-enabling virtual desktops, this software, called the Virtualization Experience Media Engine (VXME), will be available initially on Cisco thin clients, followed by support for third-party devices, starting with Dell Wyse thin clients, and then Windows-based thin clients and Windows PCs.
To see the full article, please visit either the VMware EUC Blog, or the Cisco Newsroom.
It seems that VMware has published the first release of Horizon Mobile yesterday. Follow the link below to find the release notes and a download via MyVMware. The release includes three main products: VMware Horizon Mobile Manager, VMware Base Workspace Image and the VMware Switch application.
With VMware Horizon Mobile you can securely provision and manage corporate mobile workspaces on Android based smartphones. The solution offers you a dual-persona for splitting business and private data and helps the enterprise to establish employee-owned mobile devices.
With the VMware Horizon Mobile Manager enterprises can take control of the mobile ecosystem, manage the virtual machine with the business relevant data, get statistics and provision software to their company phones.
Please visit the VMware website for more information: http://www.vmware.com/products/desktop_virtualization/mobile/overview.html
This release delivers a solution for Android phones but back at VMworld 2012 VMware already introduced VMware Horizon Mobile for iOS. It will be interesting times!
Link: https://www.vmware.com/support/horizon_mobile/doc/horizon-mobile-12-release-notes.html (Release Notes)
Just before VMworld 2009 in Europe VMware acquired Trango, a company which developed a hypervisor for mobile phones. A year after they came up with Horizon Mobile aka MVP which is a Tier 2 hypervisor based on Android which makes it possible to run a second Android instance in a virtual machine. A great solution for companies who think about BYOD for their employees but with a restriction: The device must run Android! Today there was a new video published on Youtube which shows the Horizon Mobile solution for iOS the first time. Check this out – Awesome!