Archive for the ‘MDM’ tag
Well, I’m not back at VMware … but I’ve had a customer situation this week where I got in touch with Airwatch MDM. My customer would like to use Windows Phones with Airwatch but had some questions regarding the configuration. It wasn’t really a phone question but more related to a option configurable in the Airwatch Console. There were two fields without description, one for EAP in the VPN configuration and another in the WLAN configuration when using WPA encryption.
To be honest I didn’t even know what they are talking about but again the old wisdom is right …… RTFM.
The Microsoft MDM protocol documentation for Windows Phone 8.1 gives you all you need. There are great examples in the documentation you can use.
But usually I’m not a person to read a manual too…
Microsoft MDM Protocol documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn499787.aspx
Great News from the Intune Team at Microsoft. They’ve published a new blog post today saying that an upgraded version with new capabilities is coming this week. To get a full overview of the news please visit the TechNet blog but here’s a Feature view in a nutshell.
- Enhanced user interface for Intune administration console
- Ability to restrict access to Exchange on-premises email based upon device enrollment
- Bulk enrollment of devices using a single service account
- Lockdown of Supervised iOS devices and devices using Samsung KNOX with Kiosk mode
- Targeting of policies and apps by device groups
- Ability to report on and allow or block a specific set of applications
- Enforcement of application install or uninstall
- Deployment of certificates, email, VPN and WiFi profiles
- Ability to push free store apps to iOS devices
- More convenient access to internal corporate resources using per-app VPN configurations for iOS devices
- Remote pin reset for Windows Phone 8.1 devices
- Multi-factor authentication at enrollment for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 devices
- Ability to restrict administrator access to a specific set of user and device groups
- Updated Company Portal apps to support customizable terms and conditions
No news, but an interesting link to the Gartner website where they’ve published the Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management in Mai 2013.