Archive for the ‘Mail’ tag
VMware has just published a new part of the VMware Horizon portfolio – VMware Horizon Mail. VMware Horizon Mail is a new native Android collaboration application that allows you to access corporate email, calendar, contacts and tasks. This application was previously available as a VMware fling. Now you can find it on Google Play. The app will be the default email/PIM client for VMware Horizon Mobile. Horizon Mail supports any Microsoft ActiveSync compliant email server and also the VMware Zimbra Collaboration Server.
These are the highlights:
- Comprehensive capabilities for Email, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks
- Best-in-market support for VMware Zimbra Collaboration Suite with features such as Briefcase, Saved Searches, etc.
- Clean, elegant but powerful user interface
- Create widgets to access email, contacts and calendar from home screen
- Conversation mode
- Comprehensive folder support with ability to automatically sync individual folders
- Local and server-based search
- Integrate with native PIM to view personal and “work” Contacts and Calendar together
- Support for ActiveSync policies such as PIN, etc.
- Support for certificate-based authentication and S/MIME for encrypted emails
- Enabled for multi-window capability on select devices
- GAL search
Image source: http://cto.vmware.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/3.png
More details can be found at the VMware CTO Blog.
I’m using the Zimbra Collaboration Suite for some days now and I have to say that I’m really happy with it. The user web interface is just awesome, easy to use and I love the Ajax stuff. I’m also using it on my iPhone and it runs perfectly. There was just one thing which made me feel a bit uncomfortable with. After the installation the Webmail component was just accessible via HTTP which is not encrypted. During the last years I got some bad experience with other applications which needed to be changed from HTTP to HTTPS and this time I had a uneasy feeling but it was without any reason.