Archive for the ‘MacOSX’ tag
As a Mac user you might be interested in the latest VMware Fusion & Fusion Professional update to version 5.0.3. This was releases two days ago and is a freely available maintenance release which includes a few bug fixes. Here’s the information from the release notes.
- Added support for Boot Camp partitions on 3TB disk drives.
- Improved the cursor performance for select applications, especially when in Unity mode.
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus updated with Windows 8 support.
- Resolved an issue that could result in blurry graphics under certain circumstances.
- Resolved an issue that resulted in horizontal scrolling being reversed in Unity mode.
- Resolved an issue with displaying Office 2013 applications on some recent Macs.
- Improvements to vSockets.
To upgrade to the latest version please use the integrated Fusion updater.
My colleague Tim Arenz from our Professional Services Organization has published a short blog posting about running the View Client for MacOS with multiple instances. As there is no built-in way of doing it, he found a quick and dirty workaround. This is very useful if you want to run multiple instances of VDI sessions i.e. as a Software Developer or Administrator.
Image Source: http://www.horizonflux.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/MultiInstancesViewClientDock.png