Archive for the ‘Lync’ tag
VMware End User Computing Marketing has published an interesting article today on their VMware EUC blog. They give you their Top 5 predictions for Unified Computing with VDI.
Here you go:
- Tablets will become a primary way to communicate by voice
- Video communication in business will hit the mainstream
- Virtualized contact centers takeoff
- The need for desktop and communications availability will come to the forefront
- Device proliferation will continue unabated
Please visit the VMware blog for the details.
I’m happy to share this with you as I guess that this is breaking news! (Even if the news is a few days old already)
Microsoft has updated their Client Virtualization in Microsoft Lync 2010 document and added support for VMware View 5.0. An interesting point here is that View is fully supported and as of the Microsoft Whitepaper with XenDesktop they’re not supporting video in Lync. (Page 16)
Please feel free to download the whitepaper directly from Microsoft’s website.
VMware has published an highly interesting article for Microsoft Lync customers on their End User Computing blog. Warren Ponder from Product Management at VMware does write about the upcoming Lync 2013 support for View which will support audio as well as video in a virtual desktop session.