Archive for the ‘Firmware’ tag
The Surface system firmware has been updated on 11/03/2014. The new version comes with great enhancements which you can find in the list below.
The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 3/11/2014” when you view your update history.
- Surface Pro UEFI (v2.04.0450) improves experience when using BitLocker so that a Surface Cover can provide PIN input.
- Surface Touch Cover 2 Firmware Update Device (v2.0.262.0) update improves multiple finger support on the touchpad.
- Surface Type Cover 2 Firmware Update Device (v2.0.262.0) update improves multiple finger support on the touchpad.
- Surface Power Cover Firmware Update Device (v2.0.268.0) provides support for Surface Power Cover.
- Surface Cover Telemetry (v188.8.131.52) improves stability and experience for Surface Covers.
- Marvell AVASTAR 350N Wireless Network Controller (v14.69.24052.168) resolves wireless network connectivity issues.
- Marvell AVASTAR Wireless Composite Device (v14.69.24052.168) improves Miracast support.
- Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth ®Radio Adapter (v14.69.24052.168) updated as part of a driver package that includes the Marvell Wireless Network Controller and Marvell Wireless Composite Device. There are no Bluetooth updates in this version of the driver.
- Intel(R) Display Audio (v6.16.00.3135) improves Miracast support.
- Intel(R) HD Graphics Family (v10.18.10.3431) improves Miracast support and enables daisy chaining of monitors using DisplayPort 1.2.
- Intel WiDi Audio Device (v184.108.40.206) improves Miracast support.
Thanks to Jörg who brought up that Teradici just released a new firmware, version 3.4.1. These are the changes:
- Support for pre-session user authentication using Gemalto .NET smartcards
- Enhancements to VMware View client login dialog
- Support for resetting a virtual machine (VM) before logging in
- Moved the cursor to the password field by default when the user name is pre-populated.
- Fixed problem that prevented zero clients from establishing View brokered connections in systems that include the “&” and “’” characters in the domain name.
- Fixed problem where two parameters in the DHCP request were in the wrong order. In some deployments this resulted in devices using gateway address 0.0.0.0.
- Fixed problem where some keys were incorrectly mapped on the Czech keyboard.
- Fixed memory leak problem introduced in FW release 3.4.0 that caused the device network interface to become non-responsive. When this happens the device does not support sessions and cannot be managed via the network interface.
- Fixed DVI VSYNC timing problem that caused interoperability issues with some displays and HDTVs.
- Fixed problem that prevented in-session authentication from working when using SIPR smart cards. Note: pre-session authentication is not yet supported for SIPR cards.
- Enable DNS SRV discovery on devices that have disabled DHCP.
- Fixed problem where the OSD may display incorrect certificate data when a smart card contains more than one certificate.
- Fixed problem where the Seac Banche® SB 1600 scanner does not work.
- Fixed problem introduced in FW release 3.4.0 that caused poor imaging performance. The problem affected host cards with 64 MB of RAM. It also affected host cards with 128 MB of RAM running sessions with large display resolutions (dual 2560×1600).
- Fixed problem introduced in FW release 3.3.0 where desktop icons become fuzzy while playing video. The problem occurs while network impairments are present.
- Fixed problem introduced in FW release 3.4.0 where visual artifacts appear on the zero client secondary display while the host OS boots.