Archive for the ‘Download’ tag
VMware has also released the new View Clients in version 5.3 and 2.0.
VMware View 5.2 is now available for download! Here are the release notes:
What’s New in Horizon View 5.2
VMware Horizon View 5.2 delivers valuable enhancements to end user experience and ease of management, while further driving down the total cost of ownership for VDI.
What’s New with End User Experience
- Support for Windows 8 based desktops1
- Hardware Accelerated 3D Graphics1
- Improved video and VOIP communications with Microsoft Lync 2013 support4
- Streamlined access to View Desktops from Horizon2
- Easily connect to desktops from any device with HTML Access3
- Enhanced productivity from mobile devices with new ‘Unity Touch’ functionality3 and 4
What’s New with Ease of Management
- Large pool creation with elimination of 8 host limits, and multiple vLAN support
- View Administrator performance improvements with large numbers of desktops
- Accelerated provisioning and recompose operations.
- Tech Preview of a new Integrated Service Console in the vSphere Web Client1
- Support for vCenter Server Virtual Appliance based deployments
What’s New with Total Cost of Ownership
- Substantial storage capacity savings for persistent desktops with space-efficient (SE sparse) disk technology1
1 Requires use of vSphere 5.1 and subsequent patches
2 Requires use of VMware Horizon Suite
3 Requires use of additional VMware Horizon View 5.2 Feature Pack
4 Requires use of latest VMware Horizon View Clients
Don’t wait longer and go to www.vmware.com for downloading the brand new VMware Horizon Suite 1.0. Today VMware has released the new solution which included VMware Horizon Workspace, Horizon View and Horizon Mirage. I’ve already blogged about the details. If you havenT seen my earlier posts, please check these before.
Horizon Suite Overview: http://www.thatsmyview.net/2013/02/23/vmwaretv-horizon-suite-overview/
Horizon Workspace Overview: http://www.thatsmyview.net/2013/02/23/vmwaretv-vmware-horizon-workspace-overview/
Installing Horizon Workspace Part 1 (by Christian Gehring): http://www.thatsmyview.net/2013/02/27/installing-vmware-horizon-workspace-part-1/
Installing Horizon Workspace Part 2 (by Christian Gehring): http://www.thatsmyview.net/2013/02/27/installing-vmware-horizon-workspace-part-2/
Upgrade your VMware EUC products to Horizon Suite: http://www.thatsmyview.net/2013/03/04/horizon-upgrade-path-overview-with-skus/
There has been a VMware View Client for iOS for a while but you had to run it on your iPad as the iPhone was not supported. This has changed recently! VMware has released a iPhone compatible client to the Apple AppStore and you can download it for free. The new iPhone client supports the 3GS, 4 and the brand new iPhone 5 as well as iPod Touch from generation 3 and up.
If you ever wanted to run Adobe Flash on your iPhone, this is your chance.
The new version of the iOS client is universal and does of course support the iPad. The presentation mode is also possible for the iPhone 4.
It was brought to my attention that there is a VMware View Client Download website available where you can directly download all VMware View clients, including Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and so on. You’ll not need to login with your VMware ID.