Archive for the ‘Desktop Virtualization’ tag
The VMware Fusion team has released a new version with over 20 bug fixes. The update is available through the auto-update feature.
Here are a few fixes from the release notes:
- Resolved an issue that caused the following message when you resumed a suspended virtual machine: The Virtual Machine is unable to reserve memory.
- The McAfee Virus Scan software is updated.
- Resolved an intermittent problem that caused printing to fail on Mac OS X Lion.
- Resolved an issue that occurred when copying and pasting information from newer Linux distributions.
- Improved compatibility with certain versions of Mac OS X.
- Improved the behavior of the minibar when placed at the top of the display.
- Fixed mapping of comma on numeric keyboard mapping of a French keyboard.
- Resolved an intermittent problem when removing a CD device from a virtual machine.
“What is actually the business case for desktop virtualization?”. This is a question people may ask and where Tina de Benedictis from VMware has an answer for. Learn about the business case for desktop virtualization and how VMware’s solutions fit into there. Tina also talks about new technologies like Octopus and AppBlast.