Archive for the ‘Beta 7’ tag
Two weeks ago I’ve decided to update my Zimbra Desktop Client 2.0 to the new beta version 7. All went well so far and I could see the new look and feel. Really nice changes to the UI. After a few days I had to change my domain password which is also my Zimbra password because the server is connected to the Active Directory. So good so far but I couldn’t open my Zimbra Desktop Beta 7 Client anymore. I always got the error message: service.FAILURE: system failure: Unable to unmarshal response for AuthResponse. I could find a thread in the Zimbra forums which helped me a bit and also a colleague was facing the issue and he could fix it. I’ve tried to fix the issue with his instruction but it didn’t worked.
He gave me the following hint:
Delete your email signature and reset the language to English via the Zimbra web interface.
In the forums I found some information which said:
If your signature or any of your other account settings in ZWC contain UTF-8 characters you will get this error. You can get around the problem for now by removing those characters from your signature.
I’ve tried that workaround and deleted the signature and set the language to English but still no chance to login via Zimbra Desktop.
After a few thought I came up with another idea! Checking the zdesktop.log file might be a good way to get more information on the issue. On Mac OS X you can find the file in the path /Users/christoph/Library/Zimbra Desktop/log. Of course it helped me. I found out that there where more UTF-8 characters in the AuthResponse. Both the signature and the Out-of-Office notification contained the UTF-8 characters. After deleting also the OOO-message I could login again. That’s a first workaround but I think this will be fixed in the next beta version of the Zimbra Desktop client. I hope this helps.