If you want to automate processes around ThinApp or you just want to extend the functionality of the product, you can use the integrated ThinApp SDK. Tim wrote a great article about that on hi blog HorizonFlux.com. If you’re interested please visit his website.
Most of the times when I talk to our customers they want some functionality in ThinApp which it doesn’t offered out of the box. For example:
- Allow to run a virtualized application only until a specific date.
- Update a configuration file every time the applications is launched.
- Allow an application only to be executed when user is inside the corporate office.
- Messure the usage of an application.
- Enforce licensing restriction.
- And so on…
While such functionality, as already said, isn’t offered by ThinApp out of the box there is something else much more powerful available.