Archive for the ‘Application Manager’ tag
Techrepublic have published a quick tutorial on setting up VMware Horizon Application Manager.
Today we’ve been to a customer site for a meeting about Horizon Application Manager. The customer did already use Horizon for a bit but they had one issue with their installation. They couldn’t get the single sign on between the Horizon Portal and the Windows Horizon Agent working. Here are the four important points to know to get it working.
- Add the Appliance URL and the Connector URL to the trusted zones in Internet Explorer.
- Configure the Internet Explorer for AD credential handling/forwarding in the Internet Options.
- Add the connector’s certificate to the client’s trusted certificate store.
- Enable Kerberos authentication within Horizon Application Manager. (Enable Active Directory Support)
The VMware Horizon Application Manager offers unified application access to the end users i.e. they can access web and SaaS apps or ThinApp applications via the portal. A customer asked if it is also possible to add just standard hyperlinks to the users workspace so the end user has direct access to the websites from a single point. I’ve talked to on of our system engineers and we found a solution which works.
In the Horizon Application Manager Administrator you’ve to add an new application and give it a name and then add the URL to the field “Login Redirection URL”.
Then choose “Manual Configuration” at the option “Configure Via” and add the URL again to the field “Assertion Consumer Service”.
Save the new application and you will see it in the application overview. The Horizon Application Manager has also grabbed the favico so the user will see the icon in the portal later.
And this is how the end user will see it!
That’s it! Feel free to try this solution!
Just to let you know that VMware has a cool promotion up and running unit 12/15/2012. If you’re buying 100 licenses of View Premier until that date, you’re getting a 50% discount on Horizon Application Manager licenses.
- This promotion is available to all commercial, academic, and government end-user customers who place an order containing an eligible SKU through a VMware authorized reselling partner, via the VMware website or directly with VMware.
- A minimum order of 100 pack of View Premier must be purchased.
Rules: Available 8/1/2012 through 12/15/2012 at 11:59PM PT (Pacific Time).