Next to the Horizon Suite, VMware also announced some news about the enterprise virtualization software ThinApp. First of all: It is still there and it will be there! Don’t get it wrong! VMware just announced that effective on December 15th 2013 no orders for the ThinApp standalone product will be accepted. The customers with an active SnS contract (Support & Subscription) will still receive maintenance and support for their licenses. From 16th December on ThinApp will live in VMware Horizon View, VMware Horizon Mirage, VMware Horizon Workspace and in the Horizon Suite. There are also migration paths available – please speak to your VMware rep.
So, ThinApp is still there but it will be bundled with other VMware solutions!
- VMware Horizon Suite is available for download! Check this!
- Horizon Upgrade path – Overview with SKUs
- VMware Horizon Suite is here! Now that’s cool!
- Protip: Logging into the Horizon Workspace web interface from your Mac without using credentials or SecurID
- Any questions about the VMware View Enterprise Bundle & Add-On EOL?