The VMware Horizon Application Manager offers unified application access to the end users i.e. they can access web and SaaS apps or ThinApp applications via the portal. A customer asked if it is also possible to add just standard hyperlinks to the users workspace so the end user has direct access to the websites from a single point. I’ve talked to on of our system engineers and we found a solution which works.
In the Horizon Application Manager Administrator you’ve to add an new application and give it a name and then add the URL to the field “Login Redirection URL”.
Then choose “Manual Configuration” at the option “Configure Via” and add the URL again to the field “Assertion Consumer Service”.
Save the new application and you will see it in the application overview. The Horizon Application Manager has also grabbed the favico so the user will see the icon in the portal later.
And this is how the end user will see it!
That’s it! Feel free to try this solution!
- Protip: How to share files and folders with Horizon Workspace 1.0?
- Protip: Logging into the Horizon Workspace web interface from your Mac without using credentials or SecurID
- How to use Novell with VMware View
- 4 important points for you Horizon Application Manager Single Sign On
- Using the event database in View 4.5