VMware has released a new version of it’s enterprise class virtualization software vSphere and the new vCloud Suite. Here’s a quick overview of the new features.
- Larger virtual machines (64 vCPU and 1TB vRAM)
- New virtual machine format (better graphics acceleration and overall performance)
- Flexible space efficient storage for VDI (new disk format)
- vSphere distributed switch (enhancements for Network health check, backup and restore)
- vSphere vMotion (No need for shared storage)
- vSphere Data Protection (New architecture based on EMC Avamar technology)
- vSphere Replication (Efficient Array agnostic replication of virtual machines over the LAN or WAN)
- Zero-downtime upgrades for VMware Tools (No reboots will be required)
- VMware vShield Endpoint (Proven endpoint security for every endpoint with a 3rd Party vendor appliance such as McAfee MOVE or Trendmicro or others)
- vSphere Storage DRS (New integration with vCloud Director)
- vSphere Auto Deploy (Two new methods of deploying vSphere hosts)
- vSphere Web Client (The new core administration interface)
- vCenter Single-SignOn (Access all instances of vCenter authenticating once)
- vCenter Orchestrator (Newly designed workflows)
Again a great release and loads of interesting stuff for your virtual desktop infrastructure.