For a while DELL delivers a DaaS offering powered by Desktones multi-tenant platform. This cloud based solution reduces upfront investments for a VDI infrastructure as it gives you the option to receive the services on low monthly payments. This flexible solution does run in DELL’s state of the art data centers and allows rapid scale from just a few seats to thousands of virtual workplaces. Today DELL announced that DVS Simplified DaaS will offer the ability to connect to the virtual desktops via PCoIP, the nigh performance display protocol used with VMware View.
Learn more about DELL’s offering an todays announcement: http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/enterprise/b/inside-enterprise-it/archive/2012/08/27/new-pcoip-support-for-virtual-desktops-with-dvs-simplified-daas.aspx?dgc=SM&cid=72442&Link=4655286
- DELL announces intent to acquire Wyse Technology
- Coming soon: DELL Wyse P25 and P45 Zero Client
- Teradici Announces Multi-Protocol Hardware Zero Client for Virtual Desktops
- DELL announces Venue 11 Pro Windows 8.1 tablet
- Apparently OnLive has changed their OnLive Desktop offering to Windows Server 2008