Today Cisco announced that the company will resell VMware View 5 software as part of an integrated desktop virtualization solution based on Cisco’s UCS (Unified Computing System). Here’re are key facts highlights:
- The Cisco UCS and VMware View integrated desktop virtualization solution provides customers with:
- Simplified physical and virtual infrastructure and management associated with virtual desktop deployments, providing an excellent user experience, coupled with a foundation optimized for performance and availability.
- A streamlined operational model that enables the deployment of virtual desktops to users in minutes.
- A lower cost per seat realized through greater hosted desktop density, fewer components to purchase and manage, and reduced storage costs.
- Scalability to meet customers’ business needs and regulatory requirements, while reducing risk and total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Consistent security policy implementation and administration through UCS Manager and VMware View integration.
- Consistent access to the desktop environment across locations and devices, with exceptional application responsiveness and graphics performance.
- Cisco VXI builds on Cisco’s network-based architectures from Collaboration to Borderless Networks to the Unified Data Center, combined with services and support to deliver a comprehensive virtual workspace solution that simplifies deployment, reduces overall costs and minimizes implementation risk.
- By the end of the first quarter of 2012, distributors, channel partners and customers will be able to purchase Cisco and VMware integrated virtual desktop solutions directly from Cisco.
- Cisco is also introducing new channel enablement resources, such as playbooks and tool kits, to help channel partners to accelerate their customers’ journey to the cloud.
- Through this agreement, customers can take advantage of Cisco Capital financing offerings when purchasing the integrated Cisco and VMware desktop virtualization solution which can reduce capital expenditures and spread out the cost.
More Information can be found at the following website.