Teradici has released a new firmware on Monday. One of the main features is USB support in a VMware View session. Here are the other features.
PCoIP Firmware Release 3.5.0 Key Features
Now available for download at http://techsupport.teradici.com, PCoIP Firmware Release 3.5.0 delivers improved performance, flexibility, security and access through the following new features:
- USB 2.0 Support with VMware View Sessions: With this new release, PCoIP zero client users can expect to see up to 3x improvement in transfer speed for bulk transfers (read and write) when compared to earlier PCoIP zero client firmware releases. The new firmware release also delivers greater flexibility by supporting a larger number of DVD drives.
- Imprivata OneSign® No Click Access™: Teradici and Imprivata have developed a joint PCoIP strong authentication solution by combining PCoIP zero clients with Imprivata OneSign Virtual Desktop Access with VMware View™. Compatible with a broad range of access cards and ID badges, this solution provides PCoIP zero client users with fast and secure access to their roaming desktops from any location with a simple tap of their badge.
- 802.1X Network Authentication: PCoIP zero client devices can now be deployed with the highest degree of 802.1X security using EAP-TLS certificate-based authentication.
Additional PCoIP Firmware Release 3.5.0 features:
- IPv6 support: PCoIP zero clients updated to support ongoing mandates for IPv6 adherence.
- “Help Desk” mode: Administrators can enable a login screen link which allows users to log into a particular VM of the administrator’s choice. This VM may be configured by the administrator to provide specific support directions for users.
- Support for up to 25 View Connection Server addresses: Adds additional flexibility and scalability for large enterprises.
- 100BASE-FX: Support for fast Ethernet over optical fibre for enhanced security over long distances.
In conjunction with PCoIP Zero Client Firmware Release 3.5.0, Teradici is releasing PCoIP Management Console 1.7 now available for download from the Teradici Support Site at http://techsupport.teradici.com.
Check this website for more information: http://www.teradici.com/pcoip/news-and-events/press-releases/2011-12-05.php