Today VMware announced the availability of ThinApp 4.7. The new version is Horizon AppManager enabled what means that you can use the packages with VMware’s cloud-based deployment and management platform. VMware published a great article ybou the integration of ThinApp in Horizon AppManager at the ThinApp Blog. Follow this link: http://blogs.vmware.com/thinapp/2011/11/vmware-thinapp-47-whats-new.html
What elese is new in ThinApp?
There are a few resolved issues in the version 4.7:
- An error message is displayed in the console when you use non-ASCII characters in application installer subdirectory names. However, the package is built successfully.
- After appsyncing Firefox 3.0 or Firefox 3.6.3, the Mozilla Firefox.ex$ file remains in the application folder on Windows XP 64 bit machines.
- ThinApp Packages are not built if Build.bat is launched from a directory other that its current directory.
- An error is displayed if you insert a Word object into Powerpoint 2007 on Vista and Windows 7 SP1.
- Quicktime throws a shell32.dll error and crashes on a Windows XP SP3 32-bit machine.
- A second session of virtual IE6 crashes when you use a virtual Java plug-in.
- Capture of IE8 and Silverlight crashes IE8 when you access Silverlight content.
- Thinapped Firefox and Java cause Web browsers to freeze on launch and require a restart of Java to proceed.
You can find the release notes here: http://www.vmware.com/support/thinapp4/doc/releasenotes_thinapp47.html