VMworls is coming soon and the public voting is open. Our session for this year is 1761. If you like the content please feel free to give us your vote.
Title: Check-In and Take Off – How Amadeus Started a Virtual Journey Into Our Travel Agencies
Technical Level: Business Solution
Back in 2008 the lifecycle of our client hardware exceeded a limit of 5 years. We had to do something! Virtual desktops became hip at this time and we looked deeper into that. Today we’re running a infrastructure of 2300 virtual desktops with VMware View to offer our 580 travel agency branches high user experience, help us the IT to be more efficient and help the business to be more competitive and save costs. This session helps you to understand the real challenges and benefits of a desktop virtualization project for the enduser, the IT and the business. Yes, VDI can help you with your business challenges! Believe us, the real issues come from internal! This is no marketing! This is the real world.
DER Deutsches Reisebüro GmbH & Co. OHG
Desktop Business Manager
Track: End-User Computing
- Germany’s Largest Travel Agency Starts a Virtual Desktop Journey to Get Branch Office IT Under Control
- EUC1761 – Check-In and Take-Off
- VMworld 2011 EMEA Content Catalog is up!
- Virtual Desktop Implementation and Maintenance: VMware View 4.6 Premier vs. Citrix XenDesktop 5 Platinum
- VMware teaming with Cisco to accelerate desktop deployment